Welcome to Austin Marriage & Family Counseling
We all experience tough times in our lives and seeking out help takes courage, and is considered a Strength, not a Weakness. Just thinking about going to talk to a stranger about problems may create feelings of anxiety, fear, apprehension or embarrassment. Relax, therapists like myself relate to these emotions and realize that they are perfectly normal and are to be expected.
For me, the first experience in therapy was frightening and scary, but once I realized that my therapist was my advocate, was not judging me, and accepted me exactly the way I was, I began to accept myself, be non-judgmental, which promoted growth and healing.
My goal is to create an environment where you can be assured of confidentiality, trust, and compassion. I have over 29 years experience as a Registered Nurse, a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Supervisor for Therapists in Training. I have been married for 42 years and have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. Continually growing myself and creating a family has been and will always be my biggest accomplishment.
The quality of the life you lead is a direct reflection of the choices you make.
When is therapy appropriate for you?
- When your life is not working
- When you feel alone and isolated
- When your relationships with family and/or friends are painful
- When you are anxious about yourself or those close to you
- When your work life is frustrating or meaningless
- When your spiritual life is stagnant
Therapy Services Include treatment of the following:
- Marriage and Family Conflict
- Grief and Loss Issues
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Stress-related Issues
- Divorce Prevention
- Divorce Collaboration
- Couples Communication
- Parenting Issues
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Women’s Concerns
- Men’s Issues
- Emotional and Spiritual Growth
- Adjusting to Divorce: Children & Adults
- Blending Families/Re-Marriage/Co-Parenting Issues
- Caring for Aging Parents
If you’ve come this far…
Please take the next step to getting help. My Services pages will help you find something in common with others who feel the way you do, and will describe how we can work together to reach the heart of the problem. If you have questions, please see my Frequently Asked Questions page. When you’re ready to take the next step, I’ll be here for you. See the New Patient Forms page and Fees & Insurance page for more information.